Parking & Entrances
To help students and visitors find their way around the construction at Kishwaukee College, we have drawn out the changes that will happen to the parking lots this coming summer and fall. To see further notices of the construction, visit the links on the lower left for specific areas.
July 11, 2012
This summer’s site work is progressing very well. The north parking lot is on schedule, and you have probably noticed significant progress in the courtyard area just west of the Student Center. Starting on July 23, we will begin some asphalt repair work in selected places on campus as indicated by the yellow shading in the map. These areas will be closed to all traffic from July 23-27. Please make alternate parking arrangements during this time.
Of course, asphalt work like this is subject to the weather, so these dates are subject to change if we happen to get our first drop of rain in months!
- Summer 2012, specific dates not yet defined – The staff parking lot will be out of service intermittently as asphalt resurfacing work is completed. Since the north parking lot will be under construction, you will access the staff parking lot by taking the northern leg of the ring road and then turn left on the roadway near the former site of the old baseball field.
- May 21 – Site work will begin on the north parking lot. The entire parking lot will be closed and pedestrian entrance to the northern entrance of the atrium (Door 51) and the eastern entrance of the B200 wing (Door 49) will be prohibited.
- May 21 – Customers of the Early Childhood Center will park in the KEC parking lot. Special provisions will be made for Tri-County patients near that facility.
- May 21 – Bus drop-off will be temporarily relocated to the western entrance of the Conference Center (Door 11) for the summer. This will be the home of Transvac and LOTS bus stops until the summer of 2013.
- May 21 – This summer we will also be constructing a new division office for Career Technologies. This office suite will be in the A400 wing and will be accessed from the corridor leading to Door 24. We expect to be complete with this renovation by the end of July.
- Mid-August – The reconstructed north parking lot will reopen.
- Mid-October – Departments in A/B 100 will begin moving to SC. Administration will move into the SC, and AETP will move to the office space vacated by Administration in the B200 wing.
- November 30 – AB100 wing is completely vacated.
- December – renovation of AB100 wing begins.
- Summer 2013 – Transvac and LOTS bus drop-off will be relocated to its permanent home north of the SC.