Welcome to The Wellness Center at Kishwaukee College! We hope you are excited about your recent commitment to a healthier lifestyle and look forward to assisting you with your fitness needs. Here at The Wellness Center, we strive to help you obtain a balanced fitness program by designing a personalized exercise program based on your fitness needs and goals. We are here to answer your health and exercise questions and to assist in any way. Here at Kishwaukee College, we offer a relaxed atmosphere with a strong educational foundation. If you are a newcomer to exercise, or a seasoned novice, you will appreciate the one-on-one capabilities we offer. Feel right at home here at The Wellness Center at Kishwaukee College, it's amazing how something so close can take you so far.
Signing up for a membership is easier than ever. All members are required to complete a brief medical history, liability waiver, and a personalized orientation session designed to educate new members on the proper use of equipment in The Wellness Center. Once the orientation session is completed, you are entitled to use all cardiovascular equipment, strength machines, free weights, locker room facilities with showers, and an individualized assessment with personalized instruction.
Come to The Wellness Center to schedule your appointment and complete your paperwork today. We are located in A1403, or call 815-825-9458.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday and Wednesday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 11:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Effective July 1, 2017 the Wellness Center will be closed for the summer.
There are various dates the college will be closed, or hours reduced for holidays. If any closings occur during your membership, your time will be appropriately extended to compensate for such events.
1 Semester: $70.00
1 Year: $140.00
PE 140 & 141 (1 College Credit)
PE 137 & 138 (.5 College Credit)
Rates subject to change without notice. Call The Wellness Center at 815-825-9458 for more information.
- One-on-one orientation to demonstrate the proper usage of all exercise equipment.
- Memberships of four months or longer include exercise programming developed in conjunction with the results from a personalized fitness assessment.
- Locker room facilities with showers are available for all members of The Wellness Center.
- The lockers can be used on a daily basis, or you can rent a locker at a rate of $5.00 for four months.
Every good program needs some guidelines and regulations. The Wellness Center has established these guidelines to ensure a safe, organized and hygienic environment.
- All members must log in and out at the reception desk. Your student ID number serves as your ID and needs to be self entered into the computer at both the beginning and end of your workout.
- All participants are expected to dress in appropriate exercise attire including rubber-soled athletic footwear (no hiking boots, tevas, etc.). Please note that jeans, cutoffs, belts, and zippered clothing are not permitted.
- All personal gear including gym bags, coats, hats, and book bags will not be allowed in The Wellness Center. Please store these items in the locker room.
- Children are not allowed in The Wellness Center at anytime. It is your responsibility to find appropriate supervision for your children while you are exercising.
- Members are encouraged to wipe down equipment used, with the disinfectant and towels provided.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into The Wellness Center, with the exception of a covered water bottle.
- Please do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco in The Wellness Center.
- Please report equipment malfunctions to The Wellness Center staff.
- Please report any injuries to The Wellness Center staff.